Sunday, September 23, 2007

First loaf.

Our first try with the hand crank grain mill? A success. The boys LOVE to crank. The bread was rich and moist and light and textured and nutty and amazing.


I was not familiar with the type of mill my husband selected - and wasn't sure how fine the grind would be. But you can just set it to the finest setting and run it through twice and it is perfect for bread. The rolling mill is also for making cereal/flakes from whole grains, so there are many other uses I am interested in trying.

1 comment:

Jenn Lawlor said...

Looks like really yummy bread. We ground grain by hand for years and then hooked up our mill to an exercise bike and used our legs to crank...and eventually settled with an electric mill when life got busier with kids.

I love the thought of your boys grinding - but I'm not sure I want to go back to hand cranking.

Good for you :)