Monday, August 18, 2008

Photos, and no Photos.


One year ago. I love seeing how much they grow and change, and yet how much they look the same.


I'm almost in the home stretch of my long dark iPhoto tunnel. Whew. I have a software engineer for a husband and even he couldn't get it work the way it is "supposed to". I must have 200 photos on my camera waiting to download - I haven't been able to pull them off with all the stuff running, backing up, restoring from backup, moving, re-building, not working, not launching. But we are almost there! My husbands laptop had a catastrophic hard drive failure in the middle of my iPhoto debacle, but we got a new hard drive and managed to restore the entire thing from back-up (THAT worked just like it was supposed to), so after an extra few days of computer chaos, we are back on track and hopefully things will be good to go soon.


Lots of catching up to do!


Hope you all had a nice weekend!

11 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

Those guys are such cuties, I love the popscicle photo especially. Our hard drive was getting ready for a big crash because everything was going very slow and just being funky, luckily we got a new hard drive just before the whole thing went ka-blooey! Computers...love 'em, hate 'em

Tara said...

Love the thumbs up picture! Glad to hear systems are a "go" again.

Gwen Buchanan said...

OOOooo scary when you think you may lose pictures... I really should be backing mine up too... thanks for the reminder..

I love your sunflowers.. gorgeous colors.. and the boys so cute.. that is a winner with the sucker!!!

dawn klinge said...

Like Tara said, that thumbs up picture is great! Glad to hear your computer troubles are getting fixed. Have a great day.

Claudia - La Casa nella Prateria said...

I'm glad your beautiful photos are saved! And your boys were just as sweet one year ago as they are now!

Angie said...

We've had hard-drive crashing issues here too - what a pain in the rump. Adorable pictures - what cuties.

tiff said...

Love the pics of then and now...and look forward to the updates...it is so challenging when things are not working as you would like...

we are having issues with our gallery on our website, so now i have no interest in blogging...as i just love to share photos. :(

will we see some karate pics?

Sharon said...

Oh, a software engineer for a husband??? Your so lucky!!! Still it sounds like a total nightmare, hope it ends soon! :)

RunninL8 said...

I would go apoplectic if something happened to my pictures!!!! Hope everything is restored and ready to go for you soon!
Glad to see that you are on the mend and having a good time with the boys! That chiropractor should be drawn and quartered!!! I can't believe they were just going to send you out for meds!!!! holy moses. And YAY for massage!!!!!

Jodi Anderson said...

Computer issues can be so maddening, but, at the same time, it's nice to see the older pics. I like looking back as much as I like looking at the present and at the future. :)

Anonymous said...

You're reminding me that I need to set up my laptop with automatic backup! Isn't it great having a techie husband?