Wednesday, July 15, 2009

corner view:: the unveiling


Well, I took photos for this weeks corner view. And then my hard drive crashed. After a new hard drive was installed and my system restored from backup, I discovered my photo library was being excluded from the hourly backups due to file size. My poor husband had planned on backing up photos a different way and then forgot. SO. I lost a lot of photos (a LOT). I'm feeling a bit crushed. But I did have a pic of me in my blog folder from April - so here is 'unveiling'. 

This weeks corner view is 'the unveiling'. To see the faces behind the blogs, be sure to visit corner views from around the world.

jane, ladybug-zen, ian, bonnie, esti, sophie, cele, modsquad,caitlin, joyce, ani, kim, a day that is dessert, natsumi, epe, kaylovesvintage, trinsch, c.t., jeannette, outi, schanett, ritva, francesca, state of bliss, jennifer, dana, denise, cabrizette, bohemia girl, dianna, isabelle, amber, a girl in the yellow shoes, mister e, janis, kari, jgy, skymring, elizabeth, audrey, allison, lise, cate, mon, victoria, crescent moon, erin, otli, amy, ida, caroline, lisa, dorte, kimmie, la lune dans le ciel, nicola, malo, vanessa, britta, virgina, april, b, kyndale samantha, karen, kristina, dorit, goldensunfamily, sophie, janet, mcgillicutty, desiree, di, travelingmama, aimee, sunnymama, amanda, ali, jenell, guusje, britta, juanita, pamela, inna, daan, myrtille, cris, ibb, susi, jodi, lily, gillian, jeanette, athena, pienduzz, latisha, clairette, satsuki

15 comments:

TheOrganicSister said...

i think i would cry if i lost my photos. i finally backed them up on another hard drive not toolong ago and try to remember to do it periodically. it's the only downside of digital photog IMO. i shudder to think...

beautiful photo though. ;) glad it wasn't lost!

~tara

Julie said...

I'm sorry about your loss of photos:( I'm always scared that's going to happen to me.

Your portrait is lovely!

Crescent Moon said...

So, sorry about your pictures. I know exactly how that feels. I lost a bunch because my 18 year old decided that her music would download faster if she turned off the firewall and she downloaded a virus that killed our desktop.
The photo you posted is really nice!

Bonnie said...

oh no !!!!!!!!! i'm so sad about your loss of photos !!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I have been following your blog for alittle while now and am enjoying it very much. Your picture is lovely. So sorry about you losing your pictures. Backing them up on a disk sounds like a good thing.

Anet said...

That's a great photo of you!

I was heart broken when I lost photos... vacation, birthday.
I know the feeling.
We purchased an external hard drive to store them on. Now they are safe:)

Amber said...

Oh such a lovely photo. Oh and how tragic to lose your pics. Sorry to hear that...xxx

Tara said...

Crushed describes it well ~ losing a bunch of pics really blows.

I love this photo of you and I heart your gray hair!!!

denise said...

Well, our entire system is setup to back up hourly to our servers. But the iPhoto library was too large to include it in the hourly backup. So my husband had removed that from the automated backup system (w/o telling me!)...planning to setup a new/different backup just for that so that it could manage the size better. I thought it was being backed up. He got busy and forgot. Yes, he feels horrible. So I do have all the pix from the original backups, but nothing since he removed it from the system. Like a year ago.

It had originally been on an external drive but iPhoto makes copies each time you edit, and must load every freakin' library item and thumbnail each time you open it, so it was SO SLOW running it that way (I have many gigabytes of pix) that it was put onto my hard drive which was very big (and of course that was backed up hourly, I thought). And, running from an external hard drive was actually corrupting some photos - grrr. Even if you have an external hard drive you should burn DVDs or something - in case that fails!

OK. Too much info. I just realized I was vague in the post - but I did think they were being backed up...but I did lose a lot.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling something good will come from this nowhere, no how, no way. Your boys look just like you!

dawn klinge said...

That's a beautiful photo of you.
I am so sorry to read about your lost photos. That's awful.

Kari said...

Oh I went through a hard drive crash too, just this week.
It's horrible.
I love your photo. beautiful.
Nice to meet you.

Erin said...

Oh no! I am so worried about that happening to me.. I am horrible at printing my photos out and have hundreds stored.. I would just lose it! That is such a gorgeous photo of you. :)

jane said...

hey beautiful! a similar thing happened to me. my husband was reorganizing my photos and he lost all of them... i just kept breathing... besos!

Joyce said...

Oops I missed this post last week. Sorry to hear about your computer. I hold my breath all the time. I really need to backup my photos. Nice photo of you- very pretty! xoxo